On Friday, 15 January, at 10:00 am (Lisbon time), the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union will welcome the College of Commissioners of the European Commission to Lisbon for a round of meetings on the programme and the priorities of the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The European Commission members visiting Lisbon:
- President of the Commission Ursula von der Leyen
- Executive Vice-Presidents Frans Timmermans (European Green Deal), Margrethe Vestager (A Europe Fit for the Digital Age), Valdis Dombrovskis (An Economy that Works for People), High Representative and Vice-President Josep Borrell Fontelles (A Stronger Europe in the World)
- VicePresidents Maroš Šefčovič (Interinstitutional Relations and Foresight) and Margaritis Schinas (Promoting our European Way of Life)
- Commissioners Nicolas Schmit
(Jobs and Social Rights) and Elisa Ferreira (Cohesion and Reforms).
The Portuguese government will be represented by:
- Prime Minister António Costa
- the Minister of State for the Economy and the Digital Transition, Pedro Siza Vieira
- the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Augusto Santos Silva
- the Minister of State for the Presidency, Mariana Vieira da Silva
- the Minister of State for Finance, João Leão
- the Minister of National Defence, João Cravinho
- the Minister for Home Affairs, Eduardo Cabrita
- the Minister for Modernisation of the State and Public Administration, Alexandra Leitão
- the Minister for Planning, Nelson de Souza
- the Minister for Science, Technology and Higher Education, Manuel Heitor
- the Minister of Labour, Solidarity and Social Security, Ana Mendes Godinho
- the Minister of Health, Marta Temido
- the Minister for the Environment and Climate Action, João Pedro Matos Fernandes
- the Minister of Agriculture, Maria do Céu Antunes
- the Secretary of State for European Affairs, Ana Paula Zacarias.
The agenda includes a meeting between the Prime Minister and the President of the European Commission, bilateral meetings between the ministers and commissioners, a plenary meeting and thematic group meetings, as follows:
- “A Resilient Europe: Fostering recovery, cohesion and European values"
- “A Social Europe: Enhancing and strengthening the European social model”
- “A Global Europe: Promoting a Europe open to the world”
- “Promoting the EU as a leader in climate action”
- “A Digital Europe: Accelerating the digital transformation at the service of citizens and businesses”.
These meetings will take place in the Centro Cultural de Belém (CCB), headquarters of the Portuguese Presidency.