The Portuguese Secretary of State for European Affairs, Ana Paula Zacarias, will be taking part in the plenary session of the European Parliament, to be held in Brussels on 9 and 10 March.
Under the scope of the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union, Ana Paula Zacarias will be representing the Presidency in the debates where the presence of the Council is required.
On 9 March at 17h00 (Brussels time), the Secretary of State will sign the legislative act on the “Customs” programme for cooperation in the customs area.
On 10 March, Ana Paula Zacarias will be taking part in the following debates:
09h00 (Brussels time)
- Joint debate - European Semester
11h00 (Brussels time)
- Action Plan for the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights,
in preparation of the Social Summit in Porto in May
15h00 (Brussels time)
- Government attempts to silence free media in Poland, Hungary and
- Declaration of the EU as an LGBTIQ Freedom Zone
- Reforming the EU policy framework to stop tax avoidance in the EU after the
At 13h00 (Brussels time), Ana Paula Zacarias will accompany the Portuguese Prime Minister at the signing ceremony of the Joint Declaration on the Conference on the Future of Europe, to be held in the European Parliament