Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union, in compliance with strict safety and verification criteria, will grant accreditation for six (6) months to national and international journalists requesting this.
The accreditation process will be exclusively online, through the platform available at www.2021portugal.eu, and consists of two steps:
- Request for six-month accreditation for Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union;
- Request to register for each one of the events on the official calendar of Portugal’s Presidency. Requests must be made in each journalist's reserved area as soon as possible.
During the initial accreditation phase, journalists must agree to provide the following information regarding their personal and professional identity:
- copy of valid passport or citizen's card or identity card;
- passport sized photo, in colour;
- copy of press card or copy of a document proving the labour relationship with the media outlet represented.
Their personal data will be processed in accordance with the following provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR - reference to Law No. 58/2019):
- Article 6(1)(a), in the situations where the data subject has given his/her consent;
- Article 6(1)(b), if the processing is necessary for compliance with a contract or for procedures prior to signing a contract;
- Article 6(1)(c), if the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that the Task Group for Portugal’s Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2021 is bound by;
- Article 6(1)(d), if the processing is necessary for protecting the vital interests of the person in question or another individual;
- Article 6(1)(e), if the processing is necessary for carrying out duties of public interest or the exercise of the public authority invested in the controller.